Our summer program now features 2 days spent entirely outside at MooseWood Nature Center!
(see below for details)
4 Full Days: M/T/W/Th
2 Full Days: M/W or T/Th
4 Mornings or Afternoons: M/T/W/Th
2 Mornings or Afternoons: M/W or T/Th
Contact us to see about other options available once general enrollment is complete.
We also might be able to match 2 families together to make up the above schedule.
AM-8:30 to 11:45
Lunch 11:45 to 12:45
PM-12:45 to 4:00
(early drop off of 7:45 is available for a limited number of students)
~Keep in mind, we are somewhat flexible on drop off/pick up times as long as we make arrangements ahead of time.
Indoor and Outdoor adventures downtown, Mondays and Tuesdays!
Hiking in the woods, catching frogs, gardening, and learning from nature, Wednesdays and Thursdays!
33 months and older!!
MooseWood Nature Center Days
(Wednesdays and Thursdays)
- If severe weather conditions are predicted, parents will be notified to drop off at our downtown location via "Remind".
- Wednesdays and Thursdays are scheduled as the 100% outdoor days for the summer of 2019. Drop off and pick up on outside days will be in the playscape of Moose Wood Nature Center on Presque Isle.
- If your child is staying for lunch, we request that you add a cold pack to his/her packed lunch. We do not have a fridge of microwave at the nature center.
- We recommend that you provide your child with the following: a backpack (one that your child can comfortably wear on a hike), sunglasses, bug repellant, a hat, sunscreen, a spare set of clothing, a sweater or jacket (it gets breezy by the water), adventure shoes (shoes that can get wet and muddy), and a water bottle (necessary for all children). Please DO NOT send toys on MooseWood days!
- Please understand that your child WILL be playing in the dirt during the day, and do not dress him/her in clothes that can't get dirty! :)
- Mr. Jeremy, Miss Sarah, and the aid that will be helping us are very excited and determined to make the summer months awesome!
- If you still have questions or concerns that I have not addressed here, PLEASE let me know! Other parents may be wondering the same things!